(132) What makes you angriest?
[Locked from the authorities]
Like many, I find the idea of injustice, in any form, to be cruel and unnecessary. I say unnecesary because any act of ill will that is perpetrated by one human being against another is always unnecessary. It's especially troublesome when these very acts are committed under the guise of following the law.
My partner was falsely accused of murder. He was subjected to a military trial that was nothing more than a mockery of the very system and ideals it was purporting to uphold. When they found him guilty, I was angry that this blow, this tremendous injustice, had been dealt to a man who was guilty of nothing more than fighting for his beliefs. When he was sentenced to death, I was devastated. Then, I became angry and vowed to do whatever was necessary to both protect him and the cause he had been championing since I had known him.
Thanks to our friends, he was able to escape, and the two of us ran. We're still running and won't be able to rest until this injustice has been undone.
186 words
Like many, I find the idea of injustice, in any form, to be cruel and unnecessary. I say unnecesary because any act of ill will that is perpetrated by one human being against another is always unnecessary. It's especially troublesome when these very acts are committed under the guise of following the law.
My partner was falsely accused of murder. He was subjected to a military trial that was nothing more than a mockery of the very system and ideals it was purporting to uphold. When they found him guilty, I was angry that this blow, this tremendous injustice, had been dealt to a man who was guilty of nothing more than fighting for his beliefs. When he was sentenced to death, I was devastated. Then, I became angry and vowed to do whatever was necessary to both protect him and the cause he had been championing since I had known him.
Thanks to our friends, he was able to escape, and the two of us ran. We're still running and won't be able to rest until this injustice has been undone.
186 words
